Community of Practice for Competition and Economic Regulations
Established in December 2013, the Community of Practice for Competition and Economic Regulations (“COPCOMER”) is an inter-agency platform for government agencies to learn about latest local and overseas market developments and share best practices and experiences on competition, consumer protection and regulatory issues. COPCOMER encourages the adoption of harmonised and effective competition, consumer protection and regulatory policies based on the shared best practices and experiences.
COPCOMER facilitates regular activities, which include:
- Regulators’ Tea – Each year, COPCOMER brings together high-level representatives from COPCOMER agencies to discuss about latest or emerging competition and regulatory issues facing Singapore.
- Seminars – Half-day seminars are organised bi-annually for different government agencies to share their experiences on trending competition and regulatory issues happening in Singapore.
- Newsletters – Regular newsletters are circulated to raise awareness on key competition and regulatory developments overseas.
- Training – Specialised training sessions are arranged to equip officers with technical knowledge and skillsets to undertake the analysis and policy assessment of competition or regulatory issues.
Past activities have gathered the support and participation of officers across the government, especially from the following agencies:
- Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore (CAAS)
- Civil Service College (CSC)
- Energy Market Authority (EMA)
- Infocomm Media Development Authority of Singapore (IMDA)
- Land Transport Authority (LTA)
- Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS)
- Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore (MPA)
- Ministry of Trade and Industry (MTI)
- Public Service Division (PSD)
- Singapore Police Force (SPF)
- Singapore Tourism Board (STB)
- Ministry of Transport (MOT)
If you are a public officer whose work relates to competition, consumer protection or economic regulatory matters, you are invited to join us. Do drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will keep you in the loop on useful information and upcoming events.