Skip to content

For other notifications, click here.

bell 0

Making Complaints

Have a complaint against an errant retailer regarding an unfair trade practice?

The Consumers Association of Singapore (CASE) and the Singapore Tourism Board (STB) remain the first points of contact for local consumers and tourists respectively to handle complaints. They have readily available channels, such as online feedback forms, through which local consumers and tourists can obtain assistance. CASE/STB will assist them to obtain redress/compensation by negotiating with the supplier and/or facilitating mediation between parties.

Local consumers/tourists can also make a claim in the Small Claims Tribunal (SCT) for claims of up to $10,000 (or $20,000 if both parties give their consent). Alternatively, the CPFTA provides consumers with the right to sue suppliers for engaging in unfair practices and seek monetary redress or other appropriate remedies/relief.

When reporting an errant retailer for unfair trade practices to CASE or STB, please ensure that you have the following documents:

  • Police report (if any);
  • Receipts / Invoice / Delivery order; and
  • Other supporting documents

Errant retailers who persist in unfair trade practices will be referred to CCCS for investigation. As the administering agency of the CPFTA, CCCS can gather evidence against errant retailers, file timely injunction applications with the courts and enforce compliance with injunction orders issued by the courts.

Have a complaint on anti-competitive conduct?

If you suspect that any business, company, or organisation is engaged in an agreement or conduct that infringes the Competition Act, please file a complaint with CCCS.

Complaints can be lodged if you believe there has been a breach of any of the three prohibitions under the Competition Act namely: 

  • Agreements, decisions and practices that prevent, restrict or distort competition ("the Section 34 prohibition")
  • Abuse of a dominant position ("the Section 47 prohibition")
  • Mergers and acquisitions that substantially lessen competition ("the Section 54 prohibition")

    CCCS is interested in hearing from persons with useful information on cartel activity in Singapore. If you are aware of cartel activities and wish to provide the information, you may write, email or call the CCCS hotline at 1800 3258282 to provide such information. Examples of useful information include:

  • Companies/businesses who are part of the cartel;
  • Origins of the cartel;
  • The nature of the industry where the cartel is operating;
  • Documents or other information evidencing the agreements, decisions or practices of the cartel.

CCCS undertakes to keep strictly confidential your identity and any information that may lead to your identification. Our officer will want to talk to you to obtain as much detail as possible. If our officer's initial assessment is that you have information that is likely to be of value to us, we will want to meet you to discuss the information in more detail.

In appropriate cases, a monetary reward can be paid to informants for information that leads to infringement decisions against cartel members.

You should note that complaints may not be pursued if the agreement, conduct or merger is excluded. Access this link for more information.

File a complaint

To file a complaint, be sure to have the following information ready:

  • Information about you and the organisation you represent (if applicable);
  • Information about the party or parties involved;
  • A brief description of the agreement, conduct or merger that you are complaining about
  • Any other relevant information and supporting documents

You can submit your complaint to us via the online form, email, post or fax. You are strongly advised to submit your complaint via the online form or email so that we can deal with your complaint quickly.

Online Form

The online form  is a convenient way for you to file your complaint with us. However, our online forms do not support attachments. If you wish to submit supporting documents, we recommend that you email to us directly. 


If you have supporting documents, download CCCS's Complaint Form and email the completed form together with the supporting documents to Please indicate “COMPLAINT” in the subject header.


You can send the completed CCCS Complaint Form by post at:

Competition and Consumer Commission of Singapore

45 Maxwell Road

The URA Centre, #09-01

Singapore 069118

(Please mark "COMPLAINT" clearly on the top left hand corner of the envelope so that we can speed up the processing of your complaint).


You may fax the completed complaint form to us at (65) 6224 6929.

If you have any queries on how to complete the complaint form, you can contact our hotline at 1800 - 325 8282.

Complaint processing procedures

We will acknowledge your complaint within three (3) working days, and we will keep you posted on the outcome of your complaint. 

At the onset, we will check that the complaint falls within CCCS’s scope of powers under the Competition Act. If it does not, we may redirect you to the relevant agency. If the subject matter of the complaint is under CCCS’s purview, you may be asked to provide further information. If the complaint cannot be substantiated, the matter will be closed. We will inform you if we do not propose to take any action.

If the complaint can be substantiated with the relevant information, we will evaluate and assess whether the agreement, conduct, anticipated merger or merger you have complained about is likely to have an appreciable adverse effect on competition.

We may launch a formal investigation if there are reasonable grounds for suspecting that competition law has been breached by the agreement, conduct or merger (or in the case of anticipated mergers, will be breached if the merger is carried into effect). In deciding whether to launch a formal investigation, we will also take into account our strategic priorities and merits of the case.



Updated Date

Last Updated on 03 April 2018